Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thankful for so much!

As this time a year rolls around, I often start to take an inventory of my life. Let me just say that I never live up to my own expectations. However, as I was pondering on things such as these I began to realize how very blessed I truly am.

We (I) tend to focus a lot on the things we don’t have yet and what we haven’t done yet etc. Often times I have found myself actually getting down because I don’t have everything I feel I should have. I know it sounds shallow but hey, I am imperfect and trying to be honest about here.

During my self inventory I realized just how petty and inconsiderate I was being. I have a wonderful family! I have nice things, enough money to pay my bills and provide my family with luxuries. Yet, here I am sitting in my warm home, with a full stomach complaining because I don’t have enough.

So many people out there have so much less. We have people that are hungry and homeless. We have men and women separated from their families thousands of miles away fighting a war. We have people in every community that have been virtually forgotten about or abandoned by their families.

We all need to step up and do more than we do to help others but for just a brief moment I hope that you will take stock of your life as I have done and be so very humbled and thankful for all the wonderful things you have in your life. It is okay to want more than you have, just remember that you have more than others. Be thankful this holiday season. Help one another, and love as much as you can! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Matthew

No comments: