Monday, January 21, 2008

Not Running!

After much consideration and prayer and discussing it with family and friends I have decided not to run for county council in 2008 as many of you assumed I would. I am in no way finished with politics or my hopes of serving the public in an elected position. I am however in the midst of making some changes in my life that would distract me from running an effective campaign.

I will continue to serve the people in the capacity that I have been in the past few years by speaking out against wrongs and fighting for what is right. Not being an elected official has not stopped me from fighting the good fight. I stood up against the Nudist camp coming to Belton and with the help and efforts of many others in our area we won that battle. I have also stood up against graphic movies being shown in our public library. Some did not agree with my viewpoint and others were scared to speak out. However, I gained the respect and trust of people on both sides of the issue and even made a few new friends out of it. Believe it or not people I sometimes disagree with. I will continue to serve my fellow citizens in everyway that I can. I still serve in the local Republican Party and I am still involved in as many things as I can be, but running for office is not on the agenda for 2008.

I thank each and every one of you that has supported me past and present and I look forward to many new adventures. I am about to start yet another battle for the Veterans in our area but I want disclose too much about that at this time. Pray for each other and pray for our Country.

Matthew

No comments: